Below you will find some of the common questions that are asked about the
process of obtaining an H-2 visa. If you have a question that does not appear
on this page please contact us.
How much money does an H-2 visa cost?
- All applicants for all visa types must pay a non-refundable application
fee of $150.00 (or the equivalent in Pesos). Applicants who are
approved for their visa no longer have to pay the $100.00 visa fee as of
February 22, 2010.
- Additional cost that are associated with the H-2A visa include passport
fees, if the worker does not have a passport when he or she applies.
Additionally the worker will also have to pay $6.00 I-94 crossing fee
when they enter the United State. These cost do not include any
transportation cost and processing fee which may vary, please contact
us for more details.
Can I work for my employer longer than the expiration date of my visa?
- No. Unless your employer receives an extension of stay for you from the
Department of Homeland Security, you cannot stay beyond the
expiration date of your visa. If your employer is approved for an
extension permission for you, you should staple a copy of the
permission to the I-797 form in your passport and bring it with you
when you come to the Embassy/Consulate for a return interview
What is the length of the H-2A visa?
- The H-2A visa is valid for up to 3 years, but that worker is limited to
staying at a job for a maximum of 10 months. Upon the completion of
the 10 months the worker must either be transferred or sent back to
the country of origin.
Can I us the same group of workers years after year?
- Yes, you can request the same group of workers every year.
FLECTS Serves Employers in the following States.
What Countries does FLECTS provide workers from?
- Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut Delaware, Florida,
Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas,Vermont,
- FLECTS provides workers from Jamaica, Mexico, Barbados, Dominica,
ST. Vincent, ST. Lucia, Trinidad & Tobago, and other countries in
Central and South America.
Does FLECTS provide extension for workers?
- Yes, Florida East Coast Travel Services can provide you with an
extension, as long as we have an approved employment site and you
meet the general criteria.
Florida East Coast Travel Services Inc.
P.O. Box 5245
Hialeah Lakes, FL 33014
All rights reserved Florida East Coast Travel